My Education Desktop™ – Education Virtual Desktop Hosting
Virtual Desktop Hosting for students, teachers, K-12 school districts, and higher education.
We specialize in leveraging the power of cutting-edge technologies to enhance the educational experience of students and institutions by bringing new and innovative computing solutions into the classroom while working to help save money for school districts.
We work with our educational clients to reduce the cost of technology:
- Hosted desktops are the answer to the replacement dilemma during this time of budget constraints.
- School districts can provide equitable access with existing equipment.
- Don’t fore-go technology initiatives for lack of adequate equipment.
School districts are constantly balancing the need to provide consistent and up-to-date desktops for students, teachers, and administrators with limited hardware, staffing, and budget resources. My Education Desktop™ hosting removes the task of continual updates, maintenance, and management of desktop computers out of the school allowing the school district’s IT department to focus on other important IT responsibilities instead of the hassles of maintaining desktop computers.
Schools using our Desktops as a Service virtualized hosting approach are also able to:
- Move desktop expense to OpEx instead of CapEx – Since we host desktops as a service, much of the cost may be budgeted as operations expenditure. This keeps the cost of desktop computers in the budget year in which the service is consumed and eliminates some of the capital expenditures required.
- E-Rate Funding – We are able to assist with E-Rate funding for your Desktops as a Service providing school districts with federal funding.
- Reduce desktop support costs – By hosting desktops in our data center, the computing power and software is running on our servers with minimal hardware required in the school. This allows for the use of older computers in the school with everyone having a consistent user experience and delays the need for updating computers in labs or on desktops.
- Reduce power consumption – Schools may use thin clients greatly reducing the power consumption and power cost in the school and supporting their districts’ “green initiative”.
Computers have become a requirement in schools for students, faculty, and staff but all have different functional needs. There are many ways a school may benefit from hosting desktops as a service including:
- Re-purposed existing or older computers with minimal specifications may be used to provide access to My Education Desktop™. This eliminates wasting old machines in schools and allows a longer life cycle of existing equipment dramatically reducing costs.
- Classroom or computer lab desktop access for students and teachers may be provided with the latest software and a consistent user experience regardless of the age of the computer. All students and teachers can have the latest and same version of software without costly and time consuming upgrades.
- Administrator, teacher, or staff desktop refresh can be accomplished without replacing individual computers and software. This allows upgrades to be done quickly and consistently without maintenance on every machine.
- Remote access for teachers and administrators to their school desktop is available from their home computer without any special software or support. This relieves your IT staff of any support burden.
- Green initiatives utilizing low cost thin client workstations allow schools to participate in both power and cost savings programs while also supporting environmental concerns.