You can no longer open an Excel or Word document from your Microsoft Outlook. There may also be an issue with opening a web based report that was sent to your Outlook. The following error pops up and when you click Ok.
Word experienced an error trying to open the file. Try these suggestions. - Check the file permissions for the document or drive - Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space - Open the file with the text recovery converter. (C:\...... document name.doc)
Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space - To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. - To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk you are saving to.
Note: This should always be done with caution! Only open files and attachments from known senders, Inform your systems administrator and then return the Trust Center settings to their original values.
Microsoft has this setting on to protect from attachments hackers are sending via email blasts.
Steps to address this issue:
You will need to do this in EACH Microsoft product you use to open Outlook attachments or web based generation documents.
1. Go to File | Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings button
2. Click Protected View
– UNCHECK Enabled Protected View for Outlook attachments
– CHECK Enabled Protected View for files located in potentially unsafe locations
– UNCHECK Enabled Protected View for files originating from the internet
3. Click OK
4. Exit Excel or Word and then try to view the attachment again
5. Repeat the process for all of the Microsoft Office products you utilize.